Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley pt. 5

   I've been so consumed with performances I haven't posted in a while.
     I have always been good about having my energy up but some days it really kills me. Some days I go in tired so I leave really exhausted. For example some days we have PLAYtime (Performing Live Art for Youth) all day and then we also have another evening performance. So I get to the theater at 8:00 in the morning and leave at 9:30 at night.
     I'm not complaining. I love every minute! I am with friends, doing what I love, and all with an amazing audience. The kids we perform for are in elementary school. One school bussed kids from an hour away just to see us. For them we are amazing and they think every song it beautiful, every dance is artistic, and every scene is hilarious.
     Unlike normal audiences we don't get the usual applause. They all jump up, clapping as loudly as possible and yell. They make us feel like rockstars. We also go out for meet and greets and they all tell you "You were my favorite part!" You know they are probably telling that to everyone but it still makes you feel like a million bucks.
     For a lot of those kids it's their first taste of theatre. It's important to rock their socks. This way, they think it's the coolest thing in the world like we do.
     I've also gotten three bouquets of flowers so far. I have them all in my room and everyday when I wake up, I look at them and smile. I look at them and remember the feeling of being onstage. Looking out to see the faces of the audience as they giggle at the funny scene. I feel the heat of stage lights on my face. I hear the soft chatter of the dressing room. I see the dark shadows that are the tech crew moving set pieces almost invisibly. It's a great feeling trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment