Saturday, March 3, 2012

Creeper Pictures


The best thing about my iPhone 4S is not any of it's fancy features. It's the great camera it has. I am always snapping pictures and putting them on Instagram. At first most of the pictures I took were of still life. Now my stream is filled with people. I take pictures of people when they aren't looking; these pictures are called "creeper pictures". I take these pictures when I think someone is feeling a strong emotion. The picture attached to this post is of my friend, Eli. Eli is our pianist for our play at the Harbor Playhouse. When I took this picture, the altos were all gathered around him and he was teaching us our harmonies. I could tell he enjoyed this very much. Eli is really talented and he really got into the part he was playing. So when our director asked us to record Eli playing I couldn't help but snap a picture. He doesn't know I took it, but it's a good picture of him.
 This is why I like creeper pictures. They show what the world misses. Here lately I've been taking a lot of these pictures. I've had my phone out everywhere and now have pictures of friends, strangers, even a substitute teacher. It's really addicting to see what you can find if you look really closely. You have to ignore the person who is the center of attention. We all see that guy. We're all tired of that guy too. Find the person who is often ignored, or thinks they aren't being watched and watch them. Try to figure out what they are thinking. Are they thoughtful? Are they shallow? Are they graceful? Are they clumsy? Are they who you thought they were?

No comments:

Post a Comment