Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Curly Hair Problems

     Society is so stupid. Why is straight hair pretty? Why is is nice to have hair that just lies dead and flat at your shoulders? Straight hair is just...there.
     Yeah right. I can't even hate on girls with straight hair. I have naturally curly hair and the picture to the left is of me holding up one of my curls. It takes me almost two hours to get it straight without any waves or creases. Every morning I get on the school bus at eight. It would take me another hour to get ready for school. Another hour to eat breakfast and finsh up homework. That would mean I have to wake up at FOUR IN THE MORNING! No thank you!
     So I wear my hair curly everyday and just have to live with it. You would be suprised how many times a day I hear dumb things like the following phrases :
  • "Can I touch your hair?"
  • "Do you curl your hair"
  • "Oh, look you hair bounces"
  • "How long would it take you to straighen your hair."
  • "I wish I had curly hair."
  • "I bet you would look pretty with straight hair."
     These are all very dumb because:
  • If one person touches my hair everyone wants to
  • Why would I curl my hair?
  • I've lived with my hair my whole life, I'm well aware that if you pull a curl it will spring back into place.
  • It takes too long.
  • No you don't.
  • Does that mean I look ugly without straight hair? Gee thanks.


Another bad side of having curly hair is that when you do decide to straighten it you have plan it like you are planning to invade a foreign country with lots of big scary missiles. Water being the metaphorical missiles. If it rains, you go in the pool, or even if it's just really humid your time straightening your hair will go to waste because your hair begins to curl. It sucks and just writing this gets me all flustered and angry.
I always get compared to Taylor Swift too. She's one of the only big celebrities that actually embrace their curly hair. That takes guts.
So girls out there with curly hair. Embrace the curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment