Saturday, April 14, 2012

My West Side Story Story

     Here lately I've developed this fixation with the musical West Side Story. It has become my dream to play Anita and I swear to you one day I will. To do all those dances and wear those fun dresses would just about make my life...well, perfect. My theatre career would never (EVER!) get a high higher than Anita. I WAS BORN TO BE ANITA! I'm Hispanic, not Puerto Rican but Mexican is close enough right? I speak Spanish! It's fate!
   So as I started telling my friends about this, they revealed that they loved this musical too. Rebecca, Cris, Belle and Quentin all gushed with me. Rebecca and I discussed her playing the Maria to my Anita. Cris confessed that his favorite musical was West Side Story so of course he got a hundred times cooler than he already was. Belle told me all about when she teched for a production of it and I got so incredibly jealous! I knew Belle had done everything but West Side Story? Really?! That's my show!
     Perhaps the most memorable reaction was Quentin's. When I told him I was actually crying because I had just finished the movie and Tony had died. At first he thought something was wrong and was genuinely concerned. Once he found out that I was bawling because of a movie he made his black face that speaks for itself. It says, "Wow you're so dumb." and it's not very nice, as you can see.
     So yeah...you know I try to have a point to these postings...this one kinda didn't turn out so well. I guess the point of it is that I really like West Side Story and I will play Anita before I die. So yeah.


I'm so sorry for this utterly pointless post.

No, really I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment