Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Annoying Ringtones and How No, I Won't Call You Maybe

One of my best friends, Lauren, spends the night at my house all the time. It's a pretty common occurrence. This time however she came armed with her new phone and new ringtones. Lauren's phone had the tone for a new text message to play "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Let me tell you. When it's an ungodly hour in the morning and you finally settle down to sleep its freaking magical. However as soon as I closed my eyes I was startled enough to send pillows and blankets flying by "HEY! I just met you...". I could've murdered Jepsen right then and there with my bare hands.
It's not that I don't like "Call Me Maybe", it just that it's pretty annoying as a ringtone. Let's do the math.

1 teenage girl x 1 cell phone = texting all day
Texting all day = annoying ringtone all day
Annoying ringtone all day = me being pissed off

So to all my nonexistent readers I advise (no, I beg you) not to put annoying songs as ringtones. Mine is "Should've Said No" by Taylor Swift which is a lot more tolerable than being scared the freak out when Carly Rae Jepsen asks you to call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment